Drugs And The Pressure To Fit In - 020
In light of recent tragic events surrounding young people overdosing on drugs, I've dedicated this episode to raising awareness of what you're really risking every time you take a pill.
I've invited paramedicine student and St John's Ambulance volunteer on the show to answer questions I know a lot of us have around taking drugs. Is it really that dangerous? Or is it worth the risk of trying to ''fit in''?
We dive into discussing the following questions -
1. Is ecstasy & MDMA the same thing?
2. What's the appeal of it?
3. What are the actual side effects?
4. Can you drown yourself by drinking too much water on drugs?
5. What's the signs to look out for signs of overdose?
6. What's the first thing you should do if you notice these signs?
7. Does getting help straight away make much of a difference?
8. Will I get in trouble from paramedics for taking drugs?
9. What's the best thing to remember the next time someone offers you some?
I've been announced as a Top 4 Finalist for NSW Young Woman of the Year!
I'd love to have your vote! Please jump on the link here to do so: www.katefitzsimons.com/vote
Your support means the world - thank you!!
Enjoy the show?
Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!